Community Health Service Inc. (CHSI): has been in operation since 1973 as a private nonprofit corporation serving the needs of farm workers and their family members throughout Minnesota and North Dakota.
Now hiring at Community Health Service Inc. (CHSI) for the following positions:
LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN
The Licensed Mental Health Clinician will be responsible for conducting psychosocial evaluations
and provide therapeutic interventions including crisis counseling to individuals, groups and families
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be
performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position
if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment. Essential duties include; clinical assessments,
treatment, case management, consultation, referral, and education.
• Review and recommend treatment options with clients and their families
• Help clients develop skills and behaviors necessary to recover from and/or manage their
mental health condition
• Work with clients to identify behaviors or situations that interfere with their well-being
• Fill out and maintain client-related paperwork, including federal- and state-mandated
forms, client diagnostic records, and progress notes
• Refer clients to other resources and services, such as job placement services, housing
resources, and community organizations
• Facilitate support groups and assist in development, implementing, and evaluating
therapeutic and supportive services programming
• Analyze and interpret all relevant data to determine treatment recommendations and
• Collaborate and communicate with team members to provide holistic integrated treatment.
• Respect and acknowledge the organizations commitment to cultural diversity, which is
expressed through behavior, language, and actions
• Consistently interact with clients and staff in a manner that reflects favorably on the
organization and promotes teamwork
• Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to accepted ethical and behavioral standards of
conduct and continuing professional development
• Maintain strong working relationships with staff and programs, and ensure agency
representation within community resources
• Maintain strict confidentiality
• Participate in staff meetings, training sessions, committee work, and supervision sessions
• Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (Initial by duties you are able to perform
• In an eight-hour workday, the employee must be able to: bend and crouch occasionally,
sit continuously and stand or walk frequently
• Employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
• Employee must be able to use hands/arms, feet/legs for repetitive fine to large motor skill
• Masters of Science degree in Social Work, Counseling, Mental Health or related field
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) – Must be currently licensed in the state of Minnesota and willing to become licensed in North Dakota
• Ability to complete timely, confidential, and ethically appropriate documentation
• Comfortable and competent in working independently as well as part of a team
• Strong PC skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication and time management skills required
• Access to reliable transportation, appropriate insurance and ability to travel as required
• Experience in support group facilitation; demonstrate excellence in conflict resolution skills
• Bilingual skills preferred (English and Spanish)
• Consideration for LPC or LMFT license
Click here to complete the application online.
All positions require potential employees to have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and auto insurance.
Full-time employees have access to the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401k up to 4% match
- HSA – Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Flex Plan
- Supplemental Voluntary Benefits – AFLAC
- 8.5 paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off – starting at 14 days per year.
- 4 personal days per year
EEO/AA Veteran Friendly Employer
Applicants for clinical vacancies may be eligible for loan reimbursement of up to $145,000 through the National Health Service Corps! Visit www.nhsc.hrsa.gov for more information.
CHSI facilities are deemed under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).