Community Health Service Inc. (CHSI): has been in operation since 1973 as a private nonprofit corporation serving the needs of farm workers and their family members throughout Minnesota and North Dakota.
Now hiring at Community Health Service Inc. (CHSI) for the following positions:
Nurses are required to practice (nursing) within the designated “Nursing Scope of Practice” Registered Nurse (RN) the State in which they are licensed (MN/ND).
1. Implement and maintain Health Center activities.
2. Institute health education, outreach, follow-up health services for
3. Complete referral for specialized medical and/or dental follow-up services for patients as
they leave the area.
4. Act as liaison between patients and health provider community to ensure quality and
quantity of services are adequate, as well as establish an awareness of medical and dental
needs and problems of underserved populations.
5. Maintain problem-oriented medical records of the patients and their families as required
by the program.
6. Communicate with the provider regarding patient’s needs, the nursing assessments, and recommendations on a daily basis and as needed.
7. Collaborate with other nurses and health team members to ensure the patient’s wellbeing
8. Perform duties essential to the position and program.
In an eight hour workday, the employee must be able to: bend and crouch occasionally, sit continuously and stand or walk frequently.
Employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Employee must be able to use hands/arms, feet/legs for repetitive fine to large motor skill movements.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in nursing preferred. Must have current license as a Registered
Nurse. Public health Nurse certified desirable.
2. Experience in working as a public health or hospital nurse, ideally in a similar type of
3. Knowledge and understanding of socio-economic and health problems of underserved populations is advantageous.
4. Ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
5. Good health and ability to adapt to flexible schedule, including infrequent evening hours.
6. Own means of transportation and ability to travel as required by the job.
7. Ability to communicate effectively in English. Spanish is helpful.
REPORTING REQUIREMENTS: Reports to Health Center Supervisor
Click here to complete the application online.
All positions require potential employees to have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and auto insurance.
Full-time employees have access to the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401k up to 4% match
- HSA – Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Flex Plan
- Supplemental Voluntary Benefits – AFLAC
- 8.5 paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off – starting at 14 days per year.
- 4 personal days per year
EEO/AA Veteran Friendly Employer
Applicants for clinical vacancies may be eligible for loan reimbursement of up to $145,000 through the National Health Service Corps! Visit www.nhsc.hrsa.gov for more information.
CHSI facilities are deemed under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).