Community Health Service Inc. (CHSI): has been in operation since 1973 as a private nonprofit corporation serving the needs of farm workers and their family members throughout Minnesota and North Dakota.
Now hiring at Community Health Service Inc. (CHSI) for the following positions:
LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN
The Licensed Mental Health Clinician will be responsible for conducting psychosocial evaluations
and provide therapeutic interventions including crisis counseling to individuals, groups and families
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be
performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position
if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment. Essential duties include; clinical assessments,
treatment, case management, consultation, referral, and education.
• Review and recommend treatment options with clients and their families
• Help clients develop skills and behaviors necessary to recover from and/or manage their
mental health condition
• Work with clients to identify behaviors or situations that interfere with their well-being
• Fill out and maintain client-related paperwork, including federal- and state-mandated
forms, client diagnostic records, and progress notes
• Refer clients to other resources and services, such as job placement services, housing
resources, and community organizations
• Facilitate support groups and assist in development, implementing, and evaluating
therapeutic and supportive services programming
• Analyze and interpret all relevant data to determine treatment recommendations and
• Collaborate and communicate with team members to provide holistic integrated treatment.
• Respect and acknowledge the organizations commitment to cultural diversity, which is
expressed through behavior, language, and actions
• Consistently interact with clients and staff in a manner that reflects favorably on the
organization and promotes teamwork
• Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to accepted ethical and behavioral standards of
conduct and continuing professional development
• Maintain strong working relationships with staff and programs, and ensure agency
representation within community resources
• Maintain strict confidentiality
• Participate in staff meetings, training sessions, committee work, and supervision sessions
• Other duties as assigned
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (Initial by duties you are able to perform
• In an eight-hour workday, the employee must be able to: bend and crouch occasionally,
sit continuously and stand or walk frequently
• Employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
• Employee must be able to use hands/arms, feet/legs for repetitive fine to large motor skill
• Masters of Science degree in Social Work, Counseling, Mental Health or related field
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) – Must be currently licensed in the state of North
Dakota and willing to become licensed in Minnesota
• Ability to complete timely, confidential, and ethically appropriate documentation
• Comfortable and competent in working independently as well as part of a team
• Strong PC skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent communication and time management skills required
• Access to reliable transportation, appropriate insurance and ability to travel as required
• Experience in support group facilitation; demonstrate excellence in conflict resolution skills
• Bilingual skills preferred (English and Spanish)
• Consideration for LPC or LMFT license
CLINICAL PATIENT RELATIONS COORDINATOR
- Assist medical staff during patient exams and clinical procedures
- Maintain medical supply inventory in clinical areas
- Clean and sterilize equipment and regular maintenance of the autoclave
- Blood draws and vitals
- Coordinate appointments of patients seen by medical staff, and set-up and track referrals
- Perform in-house labs and process Quest labs
- Complete intakes of scheduled patients and promote efficient clinic flow
- Register and update patient(s) information and set up appointments
- Contact pharmacy for cost of medications
- Process PAP, Sage, and Women’s Way paperwork
- Other duties as assigned
In an eight hour workday, the employee must be able to: bend and crouch occasionally, sit continuously and stand or walk frequently.
Employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Employee must be able to use hands/arms, feet/legs for repetitive fine to large motor skill movements.
- Two years’ experience in a medical setting
- CNA license and CPR certified (must complete within 60 days of start date)
- Strong knowledge of medical terms
- Ability to draw blood
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Can manage multiple projects and is self-motivated
- Maintain confidentiality with all clients and staff
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Phlebotomy certification
- Bilingual (oral and written) in Spanish OR Somali
REPORTING REQUIREMENTS: Site Supervisor
Nurses are required to practice (nursing) within the designated “Nursing Scope of Practice” Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) of the State in which they are licensed (MN/ND).
1. Implement and maintain Health Center activities.
2. Institute health education, outreach, follow-up health services for
3. Complete referral for specialized medical and/or dental follow-up services for patients as
they leave the area.
4. Act as liaison between patients and health provider community to ensure quality and
quantity of services are adequate, as well as establish an awareness of medical and dental
needs and problems of underserved populations.
5. Maintain problem-oriented medical records of the patients and their families as required
by the program.
6. Communicate with the provider regarding patient’s needs, the nursing assessments, and recommendations on a daily basis and as needed.
7. Collaborate with other nurses and health team members to ensure the patient’s wellbeing
8. Perform duties essential to the position and program.
In an eight hour workday, the employee must be able to: bend and crouch occasionally,
sit continuously and stand or walk frequently.
Employee must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Employee must be able to use hands/arms, feet/legs for repetitive fine to large motor skill
1. Bachelor’s Degree in nursing preferred. Must have current license as a Registered
Nurse. Public health Nurse certified desirable.
2. Experience in working as a public health or hospital nurse, ideally in a similar type of
3. Knowledge and understanding of socio-economic and health problems of underserved populations is advantageous.
4. Ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
5. Good health and ability to adapt to flexible schedule, including infrequent evening hours.
6. Own means of transportation and ability to travel as required by the job.
7. Ability to communicate effectively in English. Spanish is helpful.
REPORTING REQUIREMENTS: Reports to Health Center Supervisor
Click here to complete the application online.
All positions require potential employees to have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and auto insurance.
Full-time employees have access to the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401k up to 4% match
- HSA – Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Flex Plan
- Supplemental Voluntary Benefits – AFLAC
- 8.5 paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off – starting at 14 days per year.
- 4 personal days per year
EEO/AA Veteran Friendly Employer
Applicants for clinical vacancies may be eligible for loan reimbursement of up to $145,000 through the National Health Service Corps! Visit www.nhsc.hrsa.gov for more information.
CHSI facilities are deemed under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).