The CHSI is happy to support women who are pregnant or are thinking of becoming pregnant. While we do not offer prenatal care, we do offer a variety of services to help you have a successful pregnancy and healthy baby.
Services we provide include:
- Free pregnancy tests
- Education about what to expect when you’re expecting
- Education for those thinking about becoming pregnant
- Case-management follow-up during and following your pregnancy to address concerns, questions you may have about yourself or your baby including assistance with breastfeeding (You will be called about every 3-4 months to see how things are going, and after your delivery)
- Home visits after delivery
- Assistance with getting coverage through MA or link you with resources for getting prenatal care
- Assist with WIC referral (WIC is a program providing supplemental nutrition, education, and breastfeeding support to women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, infants and children up to age 5 who are nutritionally at risk
A nurse from your local clinic will see you for an initial visit if you think you are pregnant, provide prenatal education at that visit, and follow-up with you during your pregnancy. Our nurses are always available to answer questions at any time before you get pregnant, during your pregnancy, and after you have the baby. They can answer your questions regarding yourself, your care, and the care of your newborn.